It’s Labour Day long weekend in Sydney! Yipee! Though, technically, I’m spending it as an ultimate hermit in the Hunter Valley. An extra day to do extra-curricular things is always welcome especially for someone as busy as moi. As if! Actually, I do have a lot of things to do and naturally, I turn to my second – or is it third? – favourite pastime.
I make lists!
1. Upload travel photos: I was scheduled to do it this afternoon until I realised that I hadn’t decided on which photo editing software to buy. A year and a half later, I’m still debating on whether to get Aperture or Lightroom. But when I remembered how much cheaper Aperture is ($84.00) compared to Lightroom ($200.00), then it was a no-brainer. So I went to the App Store to download it when I was prompted to update my OS X. *Le sigh* Four hours after I first sat down in front of Aurora (my MacBook), I still haven’t uploaded any photo, let alone edit one!
2. Create letter for Magic Works: Pinoy Harry Potter is gearing up to do another charity event in November and I’m in charge of creating a generic sponsorship letter to distribute to selected companies/individuals asking for whatever donations they can give us. While I enjoy doing these kinds of things, I think I’m not in the correct headspace at the moment. But trust me when I say that this task will be completed before the weekend is over!
3. Start on the next wave of my OHS assignments: I finally got the results of the test I took last September 14 and I got a 75%. Nope, that’s not the passing mark. Passing is 50% so I actually did a little better than just scrape through. I’m still very disappointed. I could have gotten a competent with distinction mark if only I’d taken one of the assignments seriously. I only got a competent with credit which is one better than just achieved competency. So where was I? Oh yes, start on the next wave of assignments…I have downloaded the assignments to my laptop and that counts as starting, right? Who am I kidding?!
4. Go to the gym: I didn’t. Instead, I opened my Pilates DVD and did about 15 minutes before I couldn’t take it anymore. The primary reason why I’ve been sluggish and distracted this weekend is because of the pain in my lower right back. Pain killers and liniment don’t work. Doing leg lifts or crunches didn’t even ease the pain and I’m not sure what’s causing it. These aches and pains suck because all I really want to do is dance.
5. Clean the house and do the laundry: Yeah, I’ll do that tomorrow or Monday. No rush as we’ve been keeping this place clean and tidy anyway. Laundry will be done tonight.
6. Find my list of all bills and close off a credit card: I’ve found the list and will just need to check it. I’ll call the bank to close down my credit card account on Monday. One ball-and-chain gone very soon!
7. Download all blogs, videos, and photos from Multiply: I tried using their download media thingy suggestion and I don’t like it. I’m mildly OCD and would prefer downloading all my web content manually. I don’t think I’ll do that this weekend, though.
Dear me! I haven’t really done anything productive today, have I? It’s already 4:30 PM and what have I accomplished so far? Well, I finally have wireless headphones that I absolutely love! The sound quality is superb and it’s reasonably priced, too. If you’re looking for good, sleek, wireless headphones, I’m recommending Jabra Halo 2. I originally bought the Jabra Sport but it was too big for my ears so I returned it and just paid a little extra to get the Halo 2. I love it so much that I’m using it now as I write this entry. 😉
Right, so my OS X update is nearly finished. Next up, I’ll download Aperture. After that, the photo editing begins! At this rate, I’ll see you all in the next century. There’s heaps to get through and that includes the list above! Help me, Jesus!